List:       openid-specs
Subject:    Is this a bug in the documentation?
From:       johnny () sxip ! com (Johnny Bufu)
Date:       2007-03-13 4:53:03

John,

> Section "4.4.1. Request Parameters" (for the "check_authentication"
> mode) says that I should state a 'mode' in the parameters (and which
> should equal 'check_authenticate'), but it also says:
[...]

In direct verification messages you should be sending
openid.mode=openid.check_authentication.

What spec are you looking at? The latest version (draft 11) is here:
http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-2_0-11.html

.. and it says in Section 11.4.2.1 Request Parameters (under 11.4.2.
Verifying Directly with the OpenID Provider):

> - openid.mode
> 	Value: "check_authentication"
> - Exact copies of all fields from the authentication response,
> except for "openid.mode".

Hope this answers your question.
Johnny