List:       openid-general
Subject:    Re: [OpenID] openidbook.com
From:       Peter Vereshagin <peter () vereshagin ! org>
Date:       2010-05-04 17:46:05

Oh John want you buy me a mersedes benz?

Yes, it's about that book but not about the particular page in it. Regular
visitor should even have no idea about where to get it.
My conclusion here is:
1. Book itself has no much deal to Foundation
2. Redistribution of the book is prohibited, so I'd rather invent a page myself
about the same idea with iterations and mistakes by my own for documentation
purposes instead of pointing the user to the nonexistent place on the web.

Thanks guys, have a nice years on a flow. ;-)

http://openiddirectory.com/openid-book-s-364.html JB>
JB> That site is not associated with the foundation.
JB>
JB> Others may know if there is still a PDF version of the book available.
JB>
JB> John B.
JB> On 2010-05-04, at 12:48 PM, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
JB>
JB> > Our A&R man said, "I don't hear a single", John!
JB> > 2010/05/04 11:58:29 -0400 John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com> => To Peter \
Vereshagin : JB> > JB> Sorry I thought you were asking who controls the \
openidbook.com domain. JB> > JB>
JB> > JB> So you have a book on openID that you want to publish or reference from \
opnid.net site? JB> >
JB> > there is a page 66 to refer to, I'd like to point to this via HTML link. 7 \
steps I meant for '1-2-3' here are explained on the next page. JB> >
JB> > JB> What book?
JB> >
JB> >             The OpenID Book
JB> > A comprehensive guide to OpenID protocol
JB> >   and running OpenID enabled web sites
JB> > ISBN13: 978-0-9724031-2-2
JB> > ISBN:   0-9724031-2-4
JB> >
JB> >
JB> > JB> Is this something you have published yourself or something that you saw on \
openID.net or someplace else. JB> >
JB> > There was a link few years ago on openid.net site to openidbook.com or at least \
I think so. JB> >
JB> > JB> Are you talking about the openID cookbook (not a book) that Joseph Smarr \
put together to show RP how to integrate openID into there sites? JB> >
JB> > No, for people equipped with perl-enabled hosting to be able to identify \
themselves without leak of their privacy, to hold a private OpenID service without \
special need for OpenID provider service service. JB> >

JB> > JB> I am trying to understand the request.
JB> > JB>
JB> > JB> Regards
JB> > JB> John B.

at the JB> > JB> > same place, the openid.net. Does foundation control the book \
itself any of the JB> > JB> > ways? Is there any other OpenID book with those 1-2-3 ( \
... , etc. ) OpenID JB> > JB> > authentication stages explained freely available to \
refer dummies? JB> > JB> >

Vereshagin : JB> > JB> > JB> openidbook.com is not a domain controlled by the openID \
Foundation to my knowledge. JB> > JB> >
particular JB> > JB> > JB> > chapter/page of the book, is it any of the ways \
possible? JB> > JB> >