List:       openid-general
Subject:    Re: [OpenID] A selector for OpenID
From:       SitG Admin <sysadmin () shadowsinthegarden ! com>
Date:       2008-04-21 18:22:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

>Even though the privacy this abandons isn't (and shouldn't
>be) part of the specs, OpenID can still lead the user to *expect*
>such privacy, and going against the "spirit" of OpenID...
>

>LOL... about which spirit are you talking about? About having
>the exchange between OP-RP and client-RP in plain text?

No, about the *privacy* that results from *DEcentralization*!

The users of OpenID have good reason to expect such a level of
privacy. The widget would remove that level of privacy. If we tried
to promote OpenID by widespread adoption of this widget, we'd be
giving our detractors more ammunition with which to declare that
OpenID is just an attempt to make everything available in one
location so "Big Brother" (or any other interested parties) need
merely target ONE entity to achieve their ends - and our arguments
that the lack of any central Provider for our OpenID identities
prevents such a scenario would no longer be true.

>Make your own and compete... :-)

I'm taking a minimalist approach to site design, so I probably
wouldn't *use* it, but I'll see if I can find the spare time.

To learn Java ;)

-Shade