List:       opengroupware-users
Subject:    Re: [OGo-Users] SyncML, OpenGroupware, and Multisync?
From:       Benjamin Long <bflong () longbros ! com>
Date:       2003-10-26 14:04:47

Helge Hess wrote:

> On 24.10.2003, at 22:29, Benjmain Long wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that ogo has syncML support,
>

> OGo does not have SyncML support yet. Max Berger is working on that,
> but SyncML is a complex issue, so it is going to take some time
> (unless some more developers step up and help with actual development
> work).
>
> The OGo SyncML project is hosted here:
>   http://www.opengroupware.org/en/projects/syncml/

Darn! I was hoping it would be up and running already...

>> and that the latest version of Multisync supports this. Multisync can
>> also sync exchange, some mobile phones, and the Sharp Zaurus. Has
>> anyone ever used ogo's syncml support before? How does it work?
>

> See above. It does not work at all (Max may correct me ;-)
>
> In any case I would rather prefer to see a native OGo MultiSync plugin
> and the work being done on the Evolution OGo connector may help with
> that.
>
> regards,
>   Helge

Actualy, I was shooting for syncing directly with my Zaurus. I can
already sync my Zaurus with Evolution, so if the native Evolution plugin
gets off the ground I'll still be able to get my data to my Zaurus using
Evolution as the middle man.

Benjamin Long