List:       opengroupware-translation
Subject:    [OGo-Translation] Re: [OGo-Users] Swedish
From:       Helge Hess <helge.hess () opengroupware ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 15:13:34

On 31.10.2003, at 14:39, Magnus Nilsson wrote:
> Unless I have misunderstood som things about the translation process,
> we must do
> a copy of the UI temeplates and then do the language translation.

No, you only need to copy the .strings files (located in
WebUI/Resources/).

> what about splitting the actual UI templates and the translation
> dictionaries,
> just like phpgroupware does. I think it would help the translation
> process alot
> and even more when someone want to add a new UI template.

This is split up very well - you usually do not need to touch templates
for a translation.

> So. We are now three swedish guys on this.
> How do we collaborate to accomplish this?

First I suggest that you use the translation mailing list for
coordination, not users.

Then you should choose one person which I should add as the primary
Swedish translation contact (for now I have added you ;-).

I have already a Swedish.lproj in CVS in WebUI/Resources/, so you only
need to fill the necessary .strings files. You can either choose to
send me the files via mail and I'll add them or you can also get CVS
commit access for that section.
Let me know what you prefer.

regards,
   Helge