List:       opengroupware-translation
Subject:    Re: [OGo-Translation] Translation to dutch
From:       Helge Hess <helge.hess () opengroupware ! org>
Date:       2003-10-14 12:53:43

On Oct 14, 2003, at 1:48 PM, Jorrit Jorritsma wrote:
> I've been in contact with Mike, and we discussed what should be done
> (I should have posted it here...).
> The problem seems to be, that if more people are working on the same
> project, different words are used by for the same meaning. I suppose
> that doesn't only count for dutch.

I think people working on a project should agree on some term. And you
can use Bugzilla to report labels you consider a bug.

> I figured that it would be nice to have database access to all the
> files in all the languages, so you can choose what 'source' language
> to use. An other advantage is that you can run query's on strings that
> have been translated already, so you can see what translation others
> used.

Hm, this sounds like a very small Python/Perl/Shell script working upon
the .strings files to me. The database is already existent and support
very neat versioning and merging - CVS.
We track changes using ChangeLog files (so you can state "why" you
changed some label or that x and y agreed upon a new variant etc).

Personally I do think that a "real" database is overkill for the task
at hand - but use what you like, finally it will end up in CVS and
ChangeLog anyway ;-)

best regards,
   Helge
--