List:       opengroupware-evolution
Subject:    Re: Wombat Re: [OGo-Evolution] OGo Connector
From:       Jens Reimann <ctron () dentrassi ! de>
Date:       2003-08-08 7:02:29

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 16:49, Adam Williams wrote:

> >> We (me & my customers - lawyers, doctors offices, churches mostly) are
> >> really interested in task & project management.  I can do Glade, CORBA,
> >> and C/C++.  I'll just finally have to get around to actually learning
> >> Bonobo (I've started a couple of times but they kept switching it around;
> >> gnorba, ior in X properties, etc... then it all changed).
> >Well, another option is to write a new application for that. Eg
> >Mozilla/XUL is a pretty good platform for getting something up and
> >running very quickly.
>
> I don't know anything about XUL,  I'll google that.

In my company we are currently doing a project where Mozilla+XUL is
heavily used as a database front end for end users.

XUL is _very_ good!! But it also has some drawbacks.

You are somewhat limited to the JavaScript engine of Mozilla which could
be better than it currently is. So some things get really tricky (at
least when it comes to local/remote/signed security stuff).

--
GPG/PGP Key ID: F9B3C74A
GPG/PGP Fingerprint: A7FE 35B5 ADA0 CF96 8359  BF2B E17C 9CD8 F9B3 C74A