List:       opengroupware-evolution
Subject:    Re: [OGo-Evolution] Re: Evolution digest, Vol 1 #7 - 3 msgs
From:       Helge Hess <helge.hess () opengroupware ! org>
Date:       2003-07-25 13:23:10

Thomas A Gatliff wrote:
> My only concern for doing this project that I think that it should be
> identified up front that we are not looking to do an open source
> replacement for the Ximian Connector on Exchange.  My thought is that the
> focus would only be on building a direct connector for OGo only.
> I respect Ximian and Miguel very much and do not want in any way to harm one
> of their very few sources of revenue.  Your thoughts??

While I don't think that this is their primary source for revenue, I
totally agree with you. Ximian needs to live, so that Evolution stays as
good as it is today.

We talk about a connector which uses only open standards and we do not
attempt to provide the Exchange BLOB decoding facilities or use any
Exchange specific tags.
I think that this should be the goal.

regards,
   Helge