List:       opengroupware-documentation
Subject:    Re: [OGo-Documentation] doc.opengroupware.org announcement
From:       Chris Herrnberger <chris123 () magma ! ca>
Date:       2003-08-05 13:47:38

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 04:45, Kris Buytaert wrote:

> Somehow I can't connect to that site for the moment, probably a
> temporary glitch..

seems to be up

> Lampadas project, I think it is Plone based, which will provide you with
> a tool to create docbook style documents which then can be converted and
> printed.

tks I will look into it, but can do this already from structured text format.
See http://docutils.sourceforge.net/

>  Try to Create different parts in 1 "book"
>     - Installing
>     - Administrating
>     - Using
>  People often only read 1 "book" rather than the complete documentation.

We are intentionally keeping all sections in sections durring production and
when released for ease of use. A complete version in variouse formats will
also be made available once its done.

> When writing docs it is really important that you mention which version
> of the software these docs are valid for, and that somewhere in the
> document you mention a release date.  GPL based documents tend to be
> spread around the internet, people often find old versions of documents
> that are obsolete but don't realise it.

Good point. We are targeting a stable 1.0 release comming later/soon.

> Next to that , we will need people writing small articles in different
> magazines, webzines etc about opengroupware ...
>
> Anyway .. I`ll help out whenever I have the time..

Excellent...why not start with writing some reviews as you suggested.

/ch