List:       openembedded-core
Subject:    Re: [OE-core] bitbake-server does not exit after build ends
From:       "Alexander Kanavin" <alex.kanavin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-12-31 10:03:03

For what it's worth, I am not seeing any of these issues (hanging
processes after bitbake exit, timeouts on world builds with all
meta-oe-layers) with python 3.12 provided by buildtools-tarball. The
issues are probably real, but it's also possible python 3.12 per se is
not to blame.

It would probably help if you check if what you're seeing occurs with
python 3.12 from the tarball, which you can build from this branch:
https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib/log/?h=akanavin/py3.12
(the log in the web ui isn't updated yet, I just pushed)

Alex