List:       openembedded-core
Subject:    Re: [OE-core] [AUH] autoconf: upgrading to 2.70 FAILED
From:       "Richard Purdie" <richard.purdie () linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2020-12-30 14:12:20

On Sun, 2020-12-27 at 08:49 -0500, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> I wish GNU would just let autotools stagnate and die (non-GNU moving
> to meson in droves should've given them a clue). But here we are:
> first new release of autoconf in 8 years.
>
> Ross, would you be able to look into updating this?

Ross has a branch with these changes on. I believe in the last rc, they
forced an upgrade of gnulib which basically breakes everything for us
(thanks autotools maintainers).

Fixing the gnulib mess would be the blocker on getting it in, Ross had
done awesome work in pulling the rest together.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=ross/autoconf270

Cheers,

Richard