List:       openembedded-core
Subject:    Re: [OE-core] archiver.bbclass and GIT repositories
From:       "Christian Eggers" <ceggers () arri ! de>
Date:       2020-07-29 10:56:05

On Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 11:42:25 CEST, Paul Barker wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 13:56, Christian Eggers <ceggers@arri.de> wrote:
> > So I have three questions:
> > 1. Is it possible to archive the git project in a way, that the GIT
> > history
> > can be examined later?
> > 2. If this is not possible, I would have to put my changes in an
> > "external" patch file alongside the bitbake recipe, right?
> > 3. Is there any value archiving the .git directory at all?
>
> What configuration are you using to enable the archiver? There may be
> ways to fix this by changing the configuration.
I use the archive as described here:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/3.1.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#providing-the-source-code

From my local.conf:
INHERIT += "archiver"
ARCHIVER_MODE[src] = "original"

> Also, which Yocto Project version/branch are you using?
I use Yocto 3.1.1.

regards
Christian

________________________________
 [http://assets.arri.com/media/sign/2020-04-03-E-mail-signature-Stellar2_V1.jpg] \
<https://microsites.arri.com/stellar/>

Get all the latest information from www.arri.com<https://www.arri.com/>, \
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/TeamARRI>, \
Twitter<https://twitter.com/ARRIChannel>, Instagram<https://instagram.com/arri> and \
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ARRIChannel>.

Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
Sitz: München - Registergericht: Amtsgericht München - Handelsregisternummer: HRA \
57918 Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH
Sitz: München - Registergericht: Amtsgericht München - Handelsregisternummer: HRB \
54477 Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Neuhäuser; Stephan Schenk; Walter Trauninger; \
Markus Zeiler