List:       openembedded-core
Subject:    [OE-core] Feedback on HOB (new image creator GUI)
From:       gary () mlbassoc ! com (Gary Thomas)
Date:       2011-09-30 21:55:52

On 2011-09-30 08:36, Yu Ke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you may already know, a new GUI has been added to bitbake recently, i.e. HOB \
> (Human Oriented Builder). It is a graphical image creator that allows user to \
> freely choose which packages to be built in the image. The wiki \
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/BitBake/GUI/Hob has more detail.
> This email is to collect your feedback on the HOB. Current HOB is our first \
> version, and it surely has many place to improve. We has the plan to enhance it in \
> Yocto 1.2. So we really hope that you can use it and provide your valuable feedback \
> . We do think user's feedback/requirement is the right way to go. Looking forward \
> your valuable input.
> Best Regards
> Ke
>
> Ps. The simple way to run hob is:
> # touch conf/hob-pre.conf conf/hob-post.conf
> # bitbake -u hob -r conf/hob-pre.conf -R conf/hob-post.conf
>
> Where conf/hob-pre.conf conf/hob-post.conf is the configuration file, which can be \
> empty in above case.

I build images which are not based on any of the core-XXX images listed by HOB.
How can I get them into the drop-down base list?
Is there a way I can filter out some of the base images?  tasks?

I ask these questions because in particular, I use a lot of the recipes in meta
and meta-yocto, but none of the images or tasks (because they don't really address
my needs, don't take offense, I just want more control than they offer)