List:       openembedded-architecture
Subject:    Re: [Openembedded-architecture] Template handling in OE-Core
From:       "Richard Purdie" <richard.purdie () linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2022-09-28 20:55:58

On Wed, 2022-09-28 at 20:02 +0000, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> [...]

Ultimately, I think we'll end up removing this file. Whilst I
understand we might want to track where things came from, I think the
current way breaks for two files and doesn't give version information
anyway.

There may be a better way with a copy alongside of the template,
something involving symlinks or something else.

Meanwhile though I'll take this patch as it solves the problem enough
for release and as far as I can tell, shouldn't make anything worse.

Cheers,

Richard