List:       openembedded-architecture
Subject:    Re: [Openembedded-architecture] [Automated-testing] RFC Linter in meta-openembedded
From:       "Marius Kriegerowski" <marius.kriegerowski () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-09-09 12:05:25

Hi,

I took a deeper dive and made the python based patchtest work (c.f. \
https://github.com/HerrMuellerluedenscheid/patchtest and  \
https://github.com/HerrMuellerluedenscheid/patchtest-oe). TBH: it might have worked \
from the beginning but I found working through the code cumbersome as it was badly \
unlinted. So, I took the `black` hammer and fixed it.

There could still be some improvements made to this tool but it works. Check the docs \
how https://github.com/HerrMuellerluedenscheid/patchtest/blob/master/usage.adoc

TL;DR

To give it a try with one of the test files:

1. Install requirements from requirements.txt from both projects
2. Make sure to have `bitbake/lib/bb` and `patchtest` on PYTHONPATH (for tinfoil - I \
would rather prefer bitbake to be properly installable than hacking with PYTHONPATH \
but fine…) 3.  run
    patchtest <PATH-TO-patchtest-oe>/selftest/files/Merge.test_series_merge_on_head.fail \
<PATH-TO-openembedded-core> <PATCH-TO-patchtest-oe>/tests

So, I can submit an email patch with the changes but they will include style changes \
made by black. Thus be ready for a big change set… which was necessary.

Cheers
Marius