List:       openembedded-architecture
Subject:    Re: [Openembedded-architecture] OEDEM - Setup program
From:       Mark Hatle <mark.hatle () windriver ! com>
Date:       2016-10-18 21:38:09

On 10/18/16 4:25 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Trevor,
>
> Mark's tool DOES use repo - that's one of the legal holdups for upstreaming
> the corresponding patches used by the tool...

The patches that are held up do not impact any expected OpenEmbedded use-cases.
We have a specific use-case at Wind River where we need access to bare
repositories.  Until this is cleared up, I can't submit the patches back to
google (git-repo project) because they will simply ignore them.

(The patches add a field to the project: bare="True", if set does NOT check out
the repository but keeps it bare.  We use this to handle kernel repos, upstream
mirrors, etc.)

--Mark