List:       openembedded-architecture
Subject:    Re: [Openembedded-architecture] OEDEM - Setup program
From:       Mark Hatle <mark.hatle () windriver ! com>
Date:       2016-10-18 19:21:48

On 10/18/16 2:01 PM, Christopher Larson wrote:

> [...]
>     >>>     >>>
>     >>>     >>> openembedded-chef
>     >>>     >>>
>     >>>     >>> Hows that sound?
>     >>>     >>>
>     >>>     >>
>     >>>     >> The name could be confused with the Chef infrastructure automation
>     >>>     software [1]
>     >>>     >>
>     >>>     >>
>     >>>     >> [1] https://www.chef.io/chef/
>     >>>     >
>     >>>     > Ya, I've heard the same from a few people offline.  They suggested
>     we refer to
>     >>>     > this as "Sous Chef" (documentation, wiki pages, READMEs...), but
>     keep the idea
>     >>>     > of the repo name being openembedded-chef or oe-chef.
>     >>>     >
>     >>>     > Anyone have any opinion on that?
>     >>>     >
>     >>>     > (Explanation, the Sous Chef is the one that prepares everything,
>     but the
>     >>>     Chef is
>     >>>     > the one that actually does the cooking, etc.. (i.e. the developer
>     in charge.))
>     >>>
>     >>>     Before accepting it, it would be good if there is an email discussing
>     >>>     it on oe-core mailing list so more people can review the tool.
>     >>>
>     >>>     I were not at the meeting so I am still waiting to review it.
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Agreed.
>     >>
>     >> The purpose of this thread is to come up with a name for a project.
>     >>
>     >> Once the project is prepared it will be published in a location people can
>     >> comment on.
>     >>
>     >> From the meeting the people in the room generally agreed that the
>     OpenEmbedded
>     >> Project wanted this code on the git.openembedded.org
>     <http://git.openembedded.org> repository server.  Once
>     >> that is there, then it's like any other project subject to review,
>     patches, etc.
>     >
>     > Nack!! Having it there means it is official and the review must be
>     > done prior that.
>     >
>     > Sorry but this is unacceptable
>
>     Calm down guys, at least 20 people have seen a demo and given it
>     favorable comments. Mark has explained he is working the code through
>     the review needed to release it, but if you arrange a time with him, he
>     can show it to you as some form of webcast. Please, if you want to see
>     it, talk to Mark and arrange a time you can be available that works for him.
>

> If he can't be bothered to take 15 minutes and post something more open and
> accessible than a webex presentation, I don't really see the point, personally.

I just replied.. This is the best i can do.. It took me 20 minutes to write
this, so I've already exceeded your 15.

I am not going to put together videos of this.  I will be happy to do it via a
call or similar.  I can do this quickly and easily and answer questions.
Otherwise wait for the code to open up and comment at that time.