List:       openejb-user
Subject:    Re: Deploying WAR in TomEE
From:       Mark Struberg <struberg () yahoo ! de ! INVALID>
Date:       2018-05-15 7:22:28

There is a difference between ClassNotFoundException and NoClassDefFoundError

ClassNotFoundException: the class you were looking for could not be found.

NoClassDefFoundError: some other Class your own class needs could not be loaded.

Essentially com.app.auth.AuthenticationService is there, but it is missing some class it depends on.
So you are essentially missing some jar in your WAR.

LieGrue,
strub