List:       openejb-user
Subject:    Re: TomEE supported on Java 9: when ?
From:       Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-12-06 13:29:41

@Fran=C3=A7ois: if it helps, EE 8 doesnt use it - and tomcat/spring doesnt
integrates it at all. It also uses more memory than a default flat
classpath. Probably don't loose time with that now. Hopefully a coming
EE version will handle it.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

om>:
> Hello,
>
> Yes for sure but the path for TomEE 7.0.x (x>4) to be supported on Java 9=
 could be shorter than the path to TomEE 8 / Java EE 8 /Java 9.

> Just for you to understand where my request comes from: we are using TomE=
E as the infra for some of our =C2=B5Services and quite recently we talked
> about how to optimize the memory footprint of those ones.
> One idea, I have in mind to address this issue, is to use the Java 9 modu=
larity feature in order to only use what is requested by TomEE and our =C2=
=B5S: this is why ...

> Best Regards.

ould help me with the TomEE8 branch ;)

> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> Am 06.12.2017 um 13:08 schrieb Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
>>
>> I can roll an OWB-1.7.x release with Java9 support.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>>> Am 06.12.2017 um 13:03 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.co=
m>:

>>> No plan yet AFAIK even if xbean is now released and ready.

ould it be better to update directly to Tomcat 8.5.24 instead ?

>>> Should be done IMO, we generally release with the latest available
>>> tomcat, don't think this time would be different.

s and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclos=
ure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
 for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the inten=
ded recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
on free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a=
 transmitted virus.