List:       openejb-user
Subject:    Re: Tomee 7.0.0M3 embedded shade fatjar - needs improvements
From:       Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-03-21 7:05:20

> Hi Romain,
>
> I have noticed few things
>
> 1) org.apache.tomee.embedded.Main.java
> Line 135 -  config.setDir(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")); //Setting
> to tmp dir
> overridden in
> Line 138 -  config.setDir(args.getOptionValue(DIRECTORY, new File(new
> File("."), "apache-tomee").getAbsolutePath())); Setting to current
> folder/apache-tomee
>
> I think line 135 can be removed

Good catch! Surely an inheritance from pre-option time. Changed.

> 2) In Container.java
> if (connector.getAttribute("connectionTimeout") == null) {
> connector.setAttribute("connectionTimeout", "3000");
> }
> This condition never passes because connectionTimeout is never null default
> value is 60000.
> I don't know if this has any side effects because before this change we are
> setting connect timeout to 3000 with out any condition.

I never understood this 3000, surely for tests but really breaks all
other cases. You are right tomcat often uses 60000 by default. However
this is dependent of the protocol/handler/endpoint so having a default
is not bad cause you can use your own (useful for tests sometimes from
my experience).