List:       openejb-user
Subject:    Re: Inspect database when using embedded OpenEJB
From:       Bernhard Humm <b.humm () fbi ! h-da ! de>
Date:       2008-10-29 10:58:39

David Blevins wrote:

> Wanted to respond to this earlier, but was swamped with finalizing the
> release.  Anyway, it's up now.  Give it a try and hopefully things work.
>
> If not post some config details and maybe we can spot something.
>
> -David

Dear David,

thanks a lot for your response. I have installed the new release. However, I
still can't find database values on disk. All JUnit test cases that create
and retrieve entity beans run fine (OpenEJB is really a great product :-)).
In my NetBeans project there is a path with HSQL database files:
C:\temp\NetBeans\LibraryX\tmp\testing\data\hsqldb\hsqldb.*
However, after running the test cases, the files don't seem to be touched
(old file date). I can connet to this database from the NetBeans database
viewer:
Database URL:
jdbc:hsqldb:file:/temp/NetBeans/LibraryX/tmp/testing/data/hsqldb/hsqldb
Driver	: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
Schema:	PUBLIC
Product:	HSQL Database Engine
User:	sa
Password: ""
Database product name: 	HSQL Database Engine
Database product version:	1.8.0

However, there are no current values.
To my surpise, the database contained tables and values from earlier tests.
But the values were not updated by current tests. After deleting the tables,
they were not re-created.

This is the content of my persistence.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" version="1.0">
  <persistence-unit name="libraryX-unit">

<jta-data-source>java:openejb/Resource/libraryXDatabase</jta-data-source>
    <properties>
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>
    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>