List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Draft 9.0.0-M7 release notes
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-05-17 4:17:52

I've hacked up some code in the tomee-release-tools project to generate release notes \
for us:

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee-release-tools/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tools/release/cmd/ReleaseNotes.java#L49

Here's what it produces currently:

 - https://tomee.apache.org/9.0.0-M7/release-notes.html

It looks pretty good sans the Dependency Upgrade JIRAs don't really paint a clear \
picture of what the upgraded dependencies actually are.  We're also missing a few \
JIRAs for TomEE 9.0 specifically which is using Tomcat 10, not 9.  The issues listed \
are a merger between 8.0.7 and 9.0.0-M7 resolved issues.

For dealing with that fact that we have 2 and 3 issues for the same library, I think \
if leverage JIRA's ability to mark one issues "obsoleted by" or "duplicate of" the \
ones that came before it.  If we do that we could make the generator code a bit \
smarter and work out what the final JIRA issue should be for the dependency upgrade \
of a given library.

Either way, I'm super happy we're able to start generating release notes from JIRA \
again.  I think the last one was TomEE 1.7.0.  That's progress!

If you see any items missing, just add JIRAs for them, mark them the `fixVersion` as \
8.0.7 or 9.0.0-M7, the resolve it and post here so I know to regenerate the release \
notes.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

["smime.p7s" (smime.p7s)]

0	*H
 010
	`He0	*H
 B0>0&
	ն$)l^0
	*H
0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0
200422012810Z
250422012810Z0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0"0
	*H
0
u;	adZR(ǘHv/?d6S _:ڢ~ΎN(4~8# y4ڮG*B \
y);bѨ~{Yi%=M@Ӱ<O=3Q \
FPcSq5%N'Qx҉o]Jg^+CBa9Ocxnz} \
g汒5{϶ߐL ^[[}$? g)_v"SPKQ>$H q[ \
00	*H/ 0U0
	*H
 g6T'ҚO6wsٰ={3F4җRGΗj_d \
ig?RɡgJoxe~$-A$Q1<6y[̟~.9y>D&75`uF0]6jt%| \
@x^N7.8z9FiWf(twl)Q2xT7DWI% ex(omYQ \
QqK.WZ		ciQ]'100[0M10U David \
Blevins1&0$	*H 	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS
	ն$)l^0