List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: Docker Images for TomEE 9.0
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-02-10 4:25:09

> On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:10 PM, Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod) <JENKIR14@nationwide.com> \
> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have mentioned this a in the past, but I could use some discussion on the topic.
>
> We are not generating tar.gz files for TomEE 9, we are only generating a zip file.  \
> If I recall, the zip files do not contain any file ownership or permissions.  \
> Therefore, I will need to set all of the owner ship and permissions in the \
> Dockerfile.  If we are set on only creating the zip file, I can start on the new \
> Dockerfile, but it will not look like the others.  I would rather not go through \
> the work of creating something to use the zip file, only to have to revert it back \
> to using the tar.gz later.

Thanks for the reminder, Rodney.  I agree, we should definitely start producing \
tar.gz files for our TomEE 9 milestones.

I'd say hold off on the Docker-specific fix and let's see if we can get some cycles \
to make that improvement.

Out of curiosity, do you intend to do any prototyping with TomEE 9?  You don't have \
to answer that, just curious if it's getting any traction with anyone as there's an \
ongoing thread about potentially changing the master branch from javax to jakarta.

-David

["smime.p7s" (smime.p7s)]

0	*H
 010
	`He0	*H
 B0>0&
	ն$)l^0
	*H
0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0
200422012810Z
250422012810Z0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0"0
	*H
0
u;	adZR(ǘHv/?d6S _:ڢ~ΎN(4~8# y4ڮG*B \
y);bѨ~{Yi%=M@Ӱ<O=3Q \
FPcSq5%N'Qx҉o]Jg^+CBa9Ocxnz} \
g汒5{϶ߐL ^[[}$? g)_v"SPKQ>$H q[ \
00	*H/ 0U0
	*H
 g6T'ҚO6wsٰ={3F4җRGΗj_d \
ig?RɡgJoxe~$-A$Q1<6y[̟~.9y>D&75`uF0]6jt%| \
@x^N7.8z9FiWf(twl)Q2xT7DWI% ex(omYQ \
QqK.WZ		ciQ]'100[0M10U David \
Blevins1&0$	*H 	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS
	ն$)l^0
	`He i0	*H
	1	*H
0	*H
	1
210210042509Z0/	*H
	1" K~p
͸)oKi}N0
	*H
ZHcz.:/@|&ՊߞUg=V#yg)[l2B0*2z|նH~nו`mw \
? 'LA4loaV@.*h-~jLyczoL2Bu \
OY5;M,f%eD5$w݃`op0,%X&%[0BGwKvݼh6S%W(ܚ&+