List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: Possible help in Jakarta EE 8 TCK (Re: How can I help ?)
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-06-16 0:17:12

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 5:06 PM, Thiago Henrique Hupner <thihup@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are we focusing on the full profile or the web profile for now?

First web profile as that will allow us to get on this page:

 - https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/

After that we can dig into some Full Profile sections and see if we might be able to \
get a Full Profile certification.  We won't actually be able to Full Profile certify \
on Jakarta EE 8 because it still includes some things we don't implement like \
JAX-RPC, JAXR and CORBA.

BUT all those are gone in Jakarta EE 9 which is basically the same TCK with a \
javax-to-jakarta namespace change, so Full Profile certification is actually \
something we could achieve.  If the bytecode transformation stuff works, then we \
would actually be able to work on Jakarta EE 8 TCK and Jakarta EE 9 TCK in parallel \
on TomEE master branch.

Crazy idea ... unless it works, then it's an insanely fun crazy idea. :)

-David

["smime.p7s" (smime.p7s)]

0	*H
 010
	`He0	*H
 B0>0&
	ն$)l^0
	*H
0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0
200422012810Z
250422012810Z0M10U
David Blevins1&0$	*H
	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS0"0
	*H
0
u;	adZR(ǘHv/?d6S _:ڢ~ΎN(4~8# y4ڮG*B \
y);bѨ~{Yi%=M@Ӱ<O=3Q \
FPcSq5%N'Qx҉o]Jg^+CBa9Ocxnz} \
g汒5{϶ߐL ^[[}$? g)_v"SPKQ>$H q[ \
00	*H/ 0U0
	*H
 g6T'ҚO6wsٰ={3F4җRGΗj_d \
ig?RɡgJoxe~$-A$Q1<6y[̟~.9y>D&75`uF0]6jt%| \
@x^N7.8z9FiWf(twl)Q2xT7DWI% ex(omYQ \
QqK.WZ		ciQ]'100[0M10U David \
Blevins1&0$	*H 	david.blevins@gmail.com10	UUS
	ն$)l^0