List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: Add Java EE schema files to Geronimo Server?
From:       David Jencks <david_jencks () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2011-06-22 20:08:26

On Jun 22, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Rex Wang wrote:
>
> > Hi Geronimo and OpenEJB devs,
> >
> > I am fixing the servlet tck problems. And it requires to validate the standard \
> > Deployment Descriptors xml files before deployment.  Now we use the \
> > org.apache.openejb.jee.JaxbJavaee to do the unmarshal, for example, a web.xml to \
> > a WebApp object. So we need add the validation procedure there. But before that, \
> > I think the first thing we should consider is to place the schemas (i.e. xsd \
> > files from http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/) somewhere, so that we can create \
> > the Schema object from them easily and quickly.  So, I am asking:
> > 1. Where is the appropriate place to hold these xsd files? Openejb project?
>
> You are implying that the .xsd files are required in svn and could not be used from \
> their current locations, e.g. http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_6.xsd \
> or other non-svn locations... Which is probably true...

These files are needed at runtime to construct the Schema object used for validation. \
So IMO they need to be in any binary distribution so validation works without an \
internet connection.  So I think including them in svn and source makes what's going \
on clear and is much simpler.

> If the Jaxb code is in OpenEJB, then OpenEJB would seem like the natural location. \
> Where ever the JaxbJavaee code is, I think the schema's belong there, also...

that's openejb.

thanks
david jencks