List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: ConnectionStrategies: Random and RoundRobin
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () visi ! com>
Date:       2010-02-04 16:32:47

On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:16 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> I'd like to create some way to configure this for an individual app
> (or even an individual bean).  Thinking maybe some annotation and
> openejb-jar.xml meta data that we can swizzle all the way to the
> client code.

Have some code for this in.  Will document this a bit better, but the
basic premise is that you can now attach properties to an ejb and
those starting with "openejb.client." will be carried as far as the
remote client.  The connection strategy selection code has now been
improved to check the bean's properties for an
"openejb.client.connection.strategy" property, the value of which
should indicate a strategy registered with the ConnectionManager, such
as "sticky", "roundrobin", or "random".  It is also possible to add
new strategies in a client and configure beans to use those strategies.

-David