List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: Drop castor jdo cmp support in 3.0?
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () visi ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 21:33:33

On Jun 26, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Does anyone mind if I drop castor jdo for CMP in OpenEJB 3.0?  I
> think this will allow for a nice simplification of the CMP over JPA
> code, and will further reduce our dependencies.  Since castor
> doesn't support EJB-QL and managed relationships, it wasn't tested
> in during the JEE certification work so, I doubt it works properly
> anymore.
>
> If the castor team complete a JPA implementation, we will be able
> to support it via our existing CMP over JPA engine.

I think that's the most important question now that I give it some
thought, i.e. who is willing to support it.  I certainly don't want
to.  Maybe we retire it but leave the CMP over JPA code alone (i.e.
be ready to put it back) for a release or two to see if people
complain about it not being there.

-David