List:       openejb-development
Subject:    Re: Validation work
From:       David Blevins <david.blevins () visi ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 21:14:20

On Jun 14, 2007, at 10:28 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> I'm doing some work on our ejb app validation code so we can get
> the new rules for EJB3 in there.  Mostly I'm trying to refactor the
> existing code to use the JAXB tree we have instead of the existing
> abstraction which we no longer need and is pretty limited.  The
> idea being once this part is done the writing of validation rules
> can be divided up and we can all jump in as we have time.
>
> So far the list of unimplemented rules are:
>
>   [OPENEJB-453] Validation for EJB 3.0 beans
>     [OPENEJB-454] Validation: Check that @Remote hasn't been used
> to point to an EJBHome or EJBObject interface
>     [OPENEJB-455] Validation: Check that @Local hasn't been used to
> point to an EJBLocalHome or EJBLocalObject interface
>     [OPENEJB-470] Validation: Check that interface annotated @Local
> or @Remote isn't annotated conversely in parent interface
>     [OPENEJB-526] Validation: Check for incorrect use of injection-
> target-name
>     [OPENEJB-527] Validation: Warn on unused interceptors
>     [OPENEJB-535] Validation: beans implementing
> javax.ejb.SessionBean also using lifecycle annotations
>     [OPENEJB-536] Validation: AroundInvoke signature
>     [OPENEJB-537] Validation: AppClients using non-static annotations
>     [OPENEJB-538] Validation: Stateful pojos with Home interfaces
> have init-method(s)
>     [OPENEJB-552] Validation: EjbName used in InterceptorBinding is
> correct
>     [OPENEJB-571] Validation: @PersistenceContext name is specified
>     [OPENEJB-572] Validation: @PersistenceUnit name is specified
>     [OPENEJB-574] Validation: XML transaction attributes to beans,
> interfaces or methods that do not exist
>     [OPENEJB-575] Validation: XML method permissions to beans,
> interfaces, or methods that do not exist
>     [OPENEJB-577] Validation: @Resource name for env-entry points
> to declared value

Alright, I've reworked the validation code so we're wired right up to
the jaxb tree that is updated during the annotation processing so we
should now be able to implement validation for all things EJB 3.0
using only that tree -- no need to poke around at annotations.

We should be able to dig in to the above list now.  Ideally we can
get a few of them in so users have at least some protection on their
EJB 3.0 apps and then move ourselves into release mode.

-David