List:       openejb-development
Subject:    [OpenEJB-dev] Re: [OpenEJB-user] logging error
From:       Jacek Laskowski <jacek_laskowski () hp ! com>
Date:       2003-02-27 21:27:56

Hi David et al.

I must admit I'm stuck with the problem as it does _not_ exist on two
OSes (Win2k and HP-UX) provided Tomcat 4.1.18 and OpenEJB 0.9.1 are
being used.

I must also admit that I've seen the problem once or twice while working
on Windows 2000, but I think it was with Tomcat 4.0.x.

So, I'm trying to reproduce the problem (in order to see it again) I'm
continuously deleting the CATALINA_HOME\logs directory and it _is_
created again at Tomcat's startup. Don't really know what creates it,
but the directory does exist before OpenEJB starts up, and eventually
it's able to place log4j's log files over there.

Looking at the stack trace in the bug report there're some classes

(...)
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:76)
         at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.<clinit>(FileProvider.java:93)
         at
com.ibm.wsbus.channels.axis.AxisInitServlet.initAxisEngine(AxisInitServlet.java:67)
         at
com.ibm.wsbus.channels.axis.AxisInitServlet.init(AxisInitServlet.java:20)
         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
(...)

which I don't understand why they're poped up.

Having said so, I don't know how to work on it.

Please help.

-Jacek