List:       opencsw-users
Subject:    Fwd: adobereader version 9.4.1 download
From:       Dagobert Michelsen via users <users () lists ! opencsw ! org>
Date:       2023-06-28 7:58:08

(Resending, got the wrong email account first)

Hi RAS,

> Am 27.06.2023 um 23:03 schrieb r. a. schmied <uwppp@flash.net>:
> a bit off topic -- seeking unix (solaris) users advice
>
> my old sb2k single core/cpu is just about useless even for web shopping.
>
> having been weened on sun unix i know i will not be happy with m$ or aapl.  tried \
> ubuntu on old old dell inspiron but it keep crashing seemingly after it did an \
> overnight os update -- tried but failed to stop that activity w/o success.
>
> put x86:sol11.(3|4) on it with ok success until power system went
> kaput, so i'm looking for a desktop workstation (methinks) like an
> old hpz840.  the hpz840 is listed on hcl.
>
> any comments on that option?  any comments on sol5.11 vice sol5.10?
> any advice on gpu(s) for hpz840?  nvidia seems popular, maybe
> quadro m4000?

Unfortunately I can't help here - I am only using Solaris on the server side.
But maybe someone else can?

> but back to (kinda) this pkgutil topic.
>
> 'tis a shame that pkgutil will not --avail | --list from mirrors
> with other arch:rel than that of running computer arch:rel.  i tried
> $  pkgutil  --temp=http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/OpenCSW/stable  -T i386:5.10  \
> --avail | grep -iE adobe without success.  yes i see -T is for download only.
>
> is also too bad that pkgutil --help fails to disclose arch keys 'i386' | 'sparc' \
> but not too difficult to grok that ...

Indeed this would be useful in your specific case, but I doubt we change that.
@Peter: Or do you want to tackle it? ;-)

Best regards

 — Dago

--
Baltic Online Computer GmbH, Koppelberg 4-6, 24159 Friedrichsort
Telefon: +49 431 54003-0 Fax: -99