List:       openbsd-x11
Subject:    Re: OpenGL headers and libraries out of place
From:       akin () pobox ! com
Date:       2000-04-05 16:32:40

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 02:50:31PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
| I just went through a few hours' grief making dead sure the OpenWin stuff
| installed at the right place under OpenBSD.
|
| Sure, it was a bitch.
|
| If OpenGL wants to play games and dictate installation paths, fine. We'll
| patch the limitations out of existence.
|
| I'm getting used to dealing with broken software.

Be aware that there are constraints in the applications (and for some
of those we won't have access to the source code) as well as in the
OpenGL library or header files.  Check the archives of the OpenGL Base
mailing list to get a better understanding of the tradeoffs.

However, note that the standard is for Linux specifically, not for all
UNIX-like operating systems.  You can do something different if you
wish on OpenBSD, so long as you don't mind that some apps built on/for
Linux won't run.

Allen