List:       openbsd-x11
Subject:    Re: Errors during start of Xorg on 3.9
From:       Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb () laas ! fr>
Date:       2006-03-29 12:06:26

Swen Simon wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I installed OpenBSD 3.9 few hours ago and all works fine, instead of X.
> I never used Xorg on an OBSD system and generated a new config with "Xorg
> -configure".
>
> Following errors appears:
>
> (WW) xf86AcquireGART: AGPIOC_ACQUIRE failed (Device busy)
> (WW) GARTInit: AGPIOC_INFO failed (Device not configured)
> _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be
> created.
> _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.X11-unix) failed, errno = 2
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local
> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2,
> should be 1; fixing.
>
> I googled many hours to fix that, found no solution or hint about that. The
> permissions on /tmp are correct
> and should work for other users (can create files in it). It takes also (~)
> 10 seconds to start the window manager.
>
> Anyone else that problems? Hints or solutions are welcome! Thanks.

Check your /tmp/.X11-unix directory. It should be empty, owner root and
mode 1777 (drwxrwxrwt).

Fix this and try again.

Reasons for failure can be:

- Someone found clever to remove unkown/unused things in /tmp, or
re-mounted an empty directory over /tmp.
- An X server crashed for some reason and didn't remove /tmp/.X11-unix/X0.

--
Matthieu Herrb

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]