List:       openbsd-www
Subject:    Re: OpenBgpd
From:       Stuart Henderson <sthen () openbsd ! org>
Date:       2013-11-21 15:01:38

On 2013/11/21 10:22, sidali kaddar wrote:
> Hello,
>
>         i'm a young reseacher working on bgp improvement in Cloud. i'm
> searching for an implementation that  i can use it in researches. my question
> is either it's possibl to modify the code and compiling it with gcc and then
> execute it as normal process or not. i would like to ask about documentation
> and persons i can contact to help me about that.
> Thnaks
> K.sidali

It's really written as part of OpenBSD so it has some dependencies on other
things in the OS, for example the imsg functions which are now in libutil,
and several features (mpls vpns, etc) rely on things in the OpenBSD kernel
which aren't in other OS. If you're trying to use it on other OS then
something like the FreeBSD port might be a useful starting point as they
will have already removed some of the things which are more tightly tied
to OpenBSD.

Btw - depending on exactly what you want to do with BGP, you might be
interested in ExaBGP. It isn't a general purpose routing daemon but has a
lot of facilities for route injection, flow route handling, exporting
routes to other programs etc, which standard routing daemons don't have.