List:       openbsd-www
Subject:    403 Forbidden on "www.openbsd.org" and "www.openssh.org"
From:       "Lutz, Joshua" <joshua.lutz () Vanderbilt ! Edu>
Date:       2007-05-24 17:05:24

To the Webmaster,

               You have likely already been informed of the problem I am
about to describe.  In case not, I noticed at around 0700 CDT May 24th that
I could not access www.openbsd.org; it was giving me a 403 Forbidden
warning.  www.openssh.org exhibits the same behavior.

However, I can access both sites by going to openbsd.org or openssh.org
(minus the "www") just fine.

I know in the past I have been able to browse to your sites thru a Google
search, which is what failed this morning.  Google, Yahoo, and the Wikipedia
"OpenBSD" article all link to www.openbsd.org, which is currently forbidding
access to the web content.  I have tried from multiple PCs in different IP
subnets (all in the 129.59.x.x class B).

Joshua Lutz

Network Security Analyst

ITS, Vanderbilt University

Office: 615-343-2251

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]