List:       openbsd-www
Subject:    Congrats!
From:       "Dave J. Vrba" <DaveV () vrbatech ! com>
Date:       2003-04-29 16:09:10

...both to 'you' and myself.

In the past I have been putting off the switching my win2k server to some
form of a more secure operating system.  I'm not really an 'expert' at
security, but I know Win2k was giving me more than its share of headaches; I
won't bore with the details.  Anyway, I really wanted to switch to some form
of Linux or such.  I had an old PCChips M559 motherboard with a P200 MMX
processor lying around.  I tried to install Linux; it didn't like it.
FreeBSD; better, but I did not know what to do with it.  OpenBSD (a friend's
recommendation); great! Everything worked, and the FAQ made the setup easy
to understand and was just what I needed to 'get it going' as a router.

I still have a lot to learn, but I know I can get answers from the wonderful
resources available.  It was the well written online OpenBSD FAQ that swayed
me toward OpenBSD over any Linux.  Well, that and the fact that I could use
my old machine as something more useful than storage filler. :-)

Thanks to all,
Dave Vrba
Computer Consultant