List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    open PRs
From:       Theo de Raadt <deraadt () cvs ! openbsd ! org>
Date:       1999-03-23 8:15:44

Just so people don't get all stressed because their PRs are being
closed slowly, it is customary during release mode for us to hold back
a bit on making big changes to the system.  At this stage, we start to
be more cautious, concentrate on reliability, and do a bit more
testing.

Also, this is the time when we really appreciate it if knowledgeable
people attempt to install and test our new snapshots, to see what
kinds of errors they find (just tonight I spotted three bugs in the
release which any of you could have spotted if you just had your eyes
open).

So do that test install, read root's mail on the newly installed box,
and be sure to follow the dmesg@openbsd.org request made in that mail.