List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    ALPN no_application_protocol
From:       Scott Mitchell <scott.k.mitch1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-29 17:17:47

I have looked at libressl source code and it does not look like the
no_application_protocol(120) is implemented.  Openssl also does not yet
support this portion of the ALPN spec (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7301#section-3.2) but it seems the issue is
now being reprioritized (https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/188).
It seems like libressl is API compatible with OpenSSL's ALPN offerings so I
have the following questions:

1. Is there an open issue to support no_application_protocol(120) in
libressl?
2. How are "new features" added to openssl coordinated with libressl, and
what is the libressl API compatibility philosophy for new OpenSSL features
or API additions?

Thanks,
Scott