List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    Perl 5.18.1 testing for inclusion in base
From:       Andrew Fresh <andrew () afresh1 ! com>
Date:       2013-11-30 5:57:18

I have updated the perl patches for inclusion in base for perl 5.18.1.
This means I need more testers on different architectures, pretty much
all of them, see below or on the issue at github:

https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl/issues/4

It is available from https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl

It's easy!

* download the patches and scripts
    * https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl/archive/master.tar.gz
* extract someplace
* download perl-5.18.1.tar.gz into the same directory
    * http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/perl-5.18.1.tar.gz
    * http://cvs.afresh1.com/~andrew/perl-update/perl-5.18.1.tar.gz
* cd to someplace you have room (about 200M)
* run /path/to/OpenBSD-perl/build_local_perl
* wait
* send me the log file(s) it generates, email or a pull request

The list so far:
- [ ] alpha
- [x] amd64
- [ ] armish
- [x] armv7
- [ ] aviion
- [ ] hp300
- [ ] hppa
- [ ] i386
- [ ] landisk
- [ ] loongson
- [ ] luna88k
- [ ] macppc
- [ ] mvme68k
- [ ] mvme88k
- [ ] octeon
- [ ] sgi
- [ ] socppc
- [ ] sparc
- [x] sparc64
- [ ] vax
- [ ] zaurus

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

Instructions are just another man's opinion of how to do something.
                      -- Weldboy #DPWisdom