List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    Re: [patch] start adding support for compcert compiler
From:       "Roberto E. Vargas Caballero" <k0ga () shike2 ! com>
Date:       2013-11-25 6:31:41

> > Wouldn't it be better to check for __STDC_VERSION__ >= 199901L rather than a
> > list of compilers? (I don't have a source tree close by which is why I don't
> > have a patch.)
>
> Supporting _Bool and claiming support for C99 are independent of each
> other. For example gcc supports _Bool in c89 mode (see example below).
> Compcert relies on the gnu c preprocessor so its behaviour is the same
> as gcc's.

If the compiler is c99 complaint, you can be sure that you have _Bool. So,
I think could be a good idea put an aditional or in the conditional, and
you will have the _Bool type in others compilers and not only in whose
who are in the list (of course in these last you can have _Bool even
if you are not in C99 mode).

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero