List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    Re: /usr/src/etc/mail/aliases formatting
From:       Stuart Henderson <sthen () openbsd ! org>
Date:       2013-06-23 21:45:41

I wasn't sure when I first read this diff in private mail, but...

On 2013/06/23 10:40, MichaƂ Markowski wrote:
> Now, this file is mix of spaces and tabs:
> $ vis -t /cvs/src/etc/mail/aliases

...I didn't look too hard at the existing file to see how it looked.
vis -t makes it clear that it's an inconsistent mess and needs tidying
one way or another, and this seems as good as any other way to me.
In a nutshell, the diff applies the formatting of the RFC2142 sections
from the bottom of the file consistently throughout the rest of the file..

sysmerge isn't really a problem, it's not too hard to merge, and people
can always hit 'd' if they don't want to deal with it.

> This diff provides more consistent formatting with tabs throughout the
> file (sorry for link, but gmail would probably spoil this):
> http://mspanc.one.pl/etc_mail_aliases.diff

ok with me.