List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    Bridging tun and nic
From:       Tib <obsdtech () tib ! cc>
Date:       2004-12-29 13:37:17

Hi tech,

I just wanted to know wether I'm supposed to
be able to bridge tun (with link0 set) and a nic
(like rl0) for example ?

The rest of this mail is just explanatory of my
testings...

Thanks for your help and happy new year !
Arnaud Brand

PS Explanations : I previously posted this question
to misc with a lot more details, but I don't want
to bother you with this... (And it seems I had hidden
my main question into too much info...)

Anyway, I'm too dumb to understand the code
and could find anything anywhere, so...

According to a mail related to CARP on
misc or tech (I don't remember) tun driver is
missing bridge in/out code.

It seems that packets are not forwarded on
tun0 when they enter the bridge on rl0.
However, if I use some program to open tun0
(such as openvpn) packets coming on the bridge
from tun0 are correctly forwarded.

Of course these tests where done with pf
disabled and no IP on tun0, interfaces were
up, bridge too, etc...

  More tests where done in other situations,
but none worked "right".

Could someone please shed some light on this ?

Thanks again
Arnaud