List:       openbsd-tech
Subject:    A better idea (was: Three phsyical interfaces, two bridges?)
From:       Josh Tolley <josh () raintreeinc ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 4:09:45

Josh Tolley wrote:
 > Hypothetical (soon to be real) situation: I've got two incoming
 > connections to the outside world. I want to stick a bridge (actually two
 > machines... pfsync'd and carp'd together) between those connections and
 > my DMZ, and two firewall machines (again, carp'd and pfsync'd) between
 > the DMZ and the rest of my network (actually, two separated networks,
 > but no matter).

Ok, ok, replying to my own post, I know, but I had a stroke of what
appears to be sanity and decided it would be much simpler to just find a
couple nice machines with 6 ethernet interfaces -- one each for two
incoming internet lines, two separated internal LANs, one DMZ, and
pfsync. So the next question is this: I'd like a nice, fairly small,
preferably boot-from-LAN box that can do this, preferably x86 just
because that's what I'm familiar with. The only machine I've found that
comes with that many LAN interfaces is from Nexcom (some of theirs have
8 or 12 interfaces!); does anyone know of other options? Thanks...

-Josh