List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: Sparc 5 110 vs 170?
From:       Chuck Yerkes <chuck () snew ! com>
Date:       2001-05-28 20:06:10

2 9GB barracudas?  Yeah, it will get hot.  Sparc 5 isn't big
on airflow, and this was designed when 2 2GB disks at 5400 RPM
was cutting edge.  Extra fans will help, but study where the
air is going.  External is safer.  Or 1 18GB disk to give
more air (study a fan anyhow - my Hyper/166 Sparc 20 has a
little fan that runs off of a disk power adapter and lives
where the CDROM would be).

RE: 170 working, I dunno, I believe I put 2.7 on my manager's
home 170MHz machine.

Quoting Chris Smith (chris@thefrag.fsnet.co.uk):