List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Problems with 2.6 install on Sparc 10
From:       Brett Longworth <brettl () bio ! umass ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-11 18:24:59

Hi,

I've been trying to get OpenBSD 2.6 installed on a Sparc 10 with 96MB of
mem, and I'm having some problems getting the new install up and running.
 I tried first with a miniroot/ftp install, and then again with a 2.6 CD.
 I get the same errors in both cases. During the install, downloading the
SSL package fails midway through, and during boot, this happens:

starting system logger
Memory fault (core dumped)
starting rpc daemons: portmapApr 11 11:15:05 bluefin init: /bin/sh on
/etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

Anyone seen this before?  I can supply corefiles or any other info if
anyone has ideas.

TIA
-Brett

Brett Longworth