List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Need help with X
From:       Josh Davidson <dogtoy () ductape ! net>
Date:       2000-04-01 23:59:21

Hello

	Recently I installed OpenBSD 2.5 on my SPARCstation IPC.  When I
run X  ( X -indirect 'server' )  the X screen comes up, but i do not get a
login.  I can move my mouse, but there are console errors at the bottom of
the screen complaining about FIFO Overruns.  When this happens, I cannot
kill the x server or regain control of my box.  i really don't like
having to switch off the power without halting.  My IPC has 24MB ram, a
200MB HDD, a CG3 frame buffer, and I am using the standard le0 onboard
ethernet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Josh Davidson
System Administrator  --BUUG