List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: hme card problem (new)
From:       gary () spiritwars ! com
Date:       1999-04-17 18:14:13

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Alan Skelley wrote:

> It is a brand spanking new card and may be toast for all I know (if I
> say "watch-net-all" to the prom, I get a strange message about it
> being unable to reset the ethernet channel on the card).  However, I
> have no other OS to test it with.  Does anyone know if this particular
> card should work, or is it a variant which hasn't been looked at yet?

What version of OpenBoot are you using? In 2.x+ you can run test net and
it will check the internal and external transceivers. If you have a LAN or
a loopback cable the external test should succeed. If not then you're
hosed. I don't know the equivalent for 'test net' in older versions of
OpenBoot...

-Gary

---
SpiritWars. A revolution in online gaming. http://www.spiritwars.com