List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: RAIDframe sparc64
From:       "Scott Francis" <darkuncle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-22 20:27:36

On Nov 24, 2007 5:14 PM, David Newman <dnewman@networktest.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/07 4:14 AM, Khalid Schofield wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can anyone tell me about RAIDframe under the sparc64 platform? Does
> > it work? How good it is? How do I enable it in the kernel config
> > since in GENERIC I can see no ref to it.
>
> RAIDframe works fine with sparc64. I've been running that way for a
> couple of years with no issues.
>
> Marcus Redivo wrote a nice howto for RAIDframe. I noted the
> sparc64-specific differences here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/msg36094.html
>
> One thing I haven't figured out is upgrading, but this might help:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/msg43949.html

thought I'd add my two cents - I finally got my root-on-RAID1 (netra,
2x73GB SCSI disks) running. The guide at
http://www.linux.com/feature/52713 is pretty helpful, but there was
one fairly important bit missing having to do specifically with
sparc64 architecture ... unfortunately, I forgot to write it down, and
now I don't remember what it was. :( When/if I remember, I'll make
sure I send it on to the list (and probably add it to the docs at
http://darkuncle.net/openbsd/).
--
darkuncle@{gmail.com,darkuncle.net} || 0x5537F527
  http://darkuncle.net/pubkey.asc for public key