List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: Sun T1 105
From:       "K Kadow" <kkadow () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-01 4:45:40

On 10/31/06, Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net> wrote:
> I am looking for some feedback on this DMESG if possible.
>
> I am playing with an old Sun T1 105 and does look like it work well, but
> I never saw so many not configure message in a single DMESG.
>
> Can anyone clue me in. Is that really normal, did I most likely forgot
> something, etc.

Yes, it's normal.

> "flashprom" at ebus0 addr 0-fffff not configured
> "watchdog" at ebus0 addr 200000-20003f ipl 4 not configured
> "display7seg" at ebus0 addr 200040-200040 not configured
> "flashprom" at ebus0 addr 400000-5fffff not configured
> "flashprom" at ebus0 addr 800000-9fffff not configured

While it would be nice to have things like "watchdog" supported (my
Netra T1/105 hangs almost exactly once a month, I think it's bad RAM),
most of these devices are optional and really wouldn't gain much.  For
example, the "flashprom" is  exactly that, a PROM.  And "display7seg"
really is a little seven segment LED display soldered to the
motherboard.  Sun thought of everything.

Kevin