List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Scp question
From:       Jay Nelson <fmdamage () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-20 4:24:05

Hello, just wanted to ask about a problem im having with a scp
copy between my windows Xp Home machine and my OpenBsd (Sparc64)
360MHz UltraSPARC-IIi ( On a Home Lan...nothing fancy).

Before I had OpenBsd loaded i was using solaris 9 on the same machine
and had the same lan setup, when i would perform the same copy i would
get close to 100kb sec.

On OpenBsd im starting out with 8kb sec . and then it slowly drops to
like 0.5 kb sec and gives me some outrageous like ETA 784:17:44.

Also: The file that am copying is 1.7gb in size. Like I said i had no
problem doing this with my previous solaris install.

I thought it may be that I had the media on hme0 set to 100  versus
auto select. but changed it and got the same results.

Any one know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Jay