List:       openbsd-sparc
Subject:    Re: Disklabel help on Sun V100
From:       "Daniel Ouellet" <daniel () presscom ! net>
Date:       2003-06-26 19:13:55

>> But so far some answer I got all have a disklabel in their dmesg, so
>> would like to fix that first before going anywhere else. One little
step
>> at the time and I may be home free one day.
>>
>Nothing to fix as far as the disklabel goes.  The "error" message in
>the loader is incorrect and misleading.  The only issue is the
dc_miibus
>panic as far as I can see.

OK, lets assume it is the case. I can go with that for now. So, then I
could try to have the CDROM on one bus and the IDE drive on an other. I
did try that before, but I couldn't do anything. OK, I am absolutely
sure it s my doing as I don't know much about Sun hardware. So, I can't
go into the 'BIOS' equivalent to change the bus assignment as I have no
clue about that yet. Sorry if that look stupid and it is I am sure. I am
just getting familiar with that hardware. I would test that and may be
it would help, so any advice, instructions on how to do this?

Sorry, I am trying to learn. I didn't expect to have that much problem
just to get the box going based on the 'INSTALL.sparc64' file. I read it
before buying the box to be sure it was supported as I wanted OpenBSD on
Sun hardware. Looking back, I should have got the SCSI version as it
look like it is more successful, but at the time, the different in price
wasn't small. So, I got what I could afford to learn and play with.

I am making progress, but I am not sure anymore what is related with my
lack of knowledge of the hardware and what is not.

Any advise to get me forward a bit would be more then welcome. I got
that box almost three months ago and it's been a long time I try to get
it going. No I haven't only done that for three months by any mean, but
spend many hours reading and trying. I even purchase a few Solaris book
to get my going on that stuff. I am just starting to loose hope.

So, I will try the current then and see if that's getting my a bootable
box then.

Any advise, suggestions, even flame are welcome. I will take anything
that make me move forward, even if that's very little. I am not
successful, but it is becoming a challenge now.

I may just need more beer... and pizza...

Do you think if I poor one beer in it, it would help? May be Sun is Sunb
for...

Sunk Under No Beer....

Thanks

Daniel